Picture of Nurse Walker
notes from the nurse

My name is Jolene Walker, and I am the nurse at Clark-Shaw. I have been a nurse for almost 14 years, spending the last 6 as a school nurse.  I have been married for 23 years and have 2 children as well as one fur baby.

As we start another amazing school year, I just wanted to remind parents of a few of things. If your student requires medication at school, there must be a PPA (parent prescription authorization) form filled out by the prescribing physician. Once this has been done, then the parent or legal guardian may bring the medication to the nurse. Please do not send medication to the school with your student.

Also, if your student requires any modifications to their diet while here, please have the physician fill out a diet prescription form so that I can get this to the cafeteria to accommodate them. 

Additionally, if your student needs a chronic ailment letter on file for attendance, please remember that this form must be filled out by the physician each semester. This will be at the beginning of the school year in August as well as the beginning of second semester in January. 

These forms may be found on our school website, or they can be sent them home with your student.  Please know that I am here for your students medical/health care needs.  Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns. You can either email me at jhwalker@mcpss.com or call the school at 251-221-2106. I look forward to another amazing school year!!

Jolene Walker, MSN, RN